Scholarships 2016 - 2017
The University of Great Falls is committed to providing an affordable, private college experience of exceptional value. A variety of scholarships recognizing academic achievement and talent are available.
95% of students at the University of Great Falls receive some form of scholarship.
Academic Merit Scholarships
Students are automatically considered for academic merit scholarships as part of the admission process and are notified of their award level as part of acceptance to the University. Amounts are based on each student’s academic performance in high school. Transfer students may also be awarded academic merit scholarships. Awards are renewable each year through graduation as long as full time status and satisfactory academic progress are maintained.
Competitive Academic Awards
UGF Scholars may be awarded $16,000 to full tuition. Separate application is required and includes an essay and campus interview. Full time enrollment, participation in campus activities, on-campus residency and satisfactory academic progress are required to maintain the award through graduation.
Eligibility: Students with GPA of 3.5 or better, or an ACT composite score of 25 or better or SAT combined Critical Reading, Math and Writing score of 1680 or better may apply.
Deadline: Jan. 11, 2016, with interviews held Jan. 22 or Jan. 29, 2016
UGF Scholars Application Form
You may qualify for a full tuition scholarship, renewable for four years, at the University of Great Falls in partnership with the National Science Foundation.
- Montana Residents
- Full time students at the University of Great Falls
- Major in Chemistry, Biology, or Math
- Must have completed three years of high school science
- SAT Math score of 500 or better and SAT Critical Reading scores of 500 better; or composite ACT score of 22 or higher
- Apply and be admitted to UGF
- Complete the FAFSA for financial aid
- Submit completed program application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Write application essay
- Scholarship is renewable for four years of continuous, full time enrollment if students maintain GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Research opportunity with faculty mentor
- Weekly support sessions with program peers
- Cohort group to assist and motivate throughout the program
- Improved writing, problem solving, and communication skills
- Presentation of research at professional conference
- Opportunity for internships
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you qualify, please complete the application HERE. Application deadline has been extended to March 1, 2016.
For more information, contact the University of Great Falls Admissions Office at (406)791-5202 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courage Awards: up to $2000 based on EFC (Expected Family Contribution) as calculated via the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
- Athletics: The University of Great Falls is a member of the Frontier Conference of the NAIA. More information about athletic scholarships is available by contacting the Athletic Department. Athletic scholarship offers may not be combined with other university scholarships.
- UGF Endowed Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded annually in the Spring for use the following academic year. Scholarship applications may be found at: https://ugf.starsscholarshipsonline.com. Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year will be accepted through March 11, 2016.