Trio Student Support Services is a federally funded program that was designed with students in mind. The goal of Student Support Services (SSS) is to increase college retention and graduation rates.
What should students expect?
• Academic Assistance: provides a comprehensive educational support plan
• Professional and Peer Tutoring: tutors who will provide additional instructions
• Peer Mentoring: assistance with transitioning from high school to college and beyond
• Financial Aid Counseling: FASFA application assistance and scholarship information
• Career Counseling: provides resume writing and job searching skills
• Cultural Enrichment: campus sponsored events, Disability Awareness Week, Taste of Home,
Native American Week, POW WOW and other events
• Computerized Assessments: Learning Style, and Personality Type Tests
• Workshops: provide study skills tips and academic development
• Disability Services for students with a documented disability.
Examples of accommodations: provide note-takers, books in audio format, extended
test-taking time in a quiet setting, accessible classroom materials, assistive technology, etc.
• Other Services: computer assistance, leadership opportunities, and supplement grant aid
What students should apply?
• All Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search Students
• Income eligible students (according to federal guidelines)
• First Generation College Students (primary care provider did not graduate from a 4-year institution)
• Students with a documented disability
How can students apply?
• Stop by the TRIO/SSS Center for Academic Excellence, located on the first floor of Sullivan Hall
• Contact the Center for Academic Excellence here