The Grandma Rice Retention Center is strongly committed to the academic success and personal growth of students. The Center offers a wide range of services and activities free of charge to all UGF students. The Center is designed to:
- Increase the retention and graduation rates.
- Increase the transfer rate from two-year to four-year institutions.
- Foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of all students.
- An active outreach aims at assisting students in fulfilling their personal and career goals while attending the University of Great Falls.
- Provide information concerning academic, career, or personal counseling services, referral to tutoring resources, career testing services, mentoring and support groups.
The functions of our center:
- Provide peer/professional tutoring. (work-study students & staff members)
- Provide study space for students to study alone or with peers.
- Provide an environment for their development, academically, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Provide an open area for students to attend workshops related to academic success.
The Grandma Rice Retention Center is located in the University of Great Falls Library.
For more information please call the Center for Academic Excellence at (406) 791-5213.