Community Living Assistants (CLA’s) are students who reside on campus in each of the buildings. The CLA’s develop and maintain contact with residents serving as a positive role model for other students.
What do CLA’s do?
· They are required to follow and enforce campus rules and regulations, as well as local, state and federal laws.
· Are sensitive to those who bring academic, personal or other concerns to your attention.
· Maintain confidentiality with regards to a resident’s personal concerns. Attend complex events and activities.
· Get to know residents in their area.
· Identify residents with special health concerns.
· Observe general behavior and group dynamics of residents.
· Get to know residents through formal and informal contact.
· Refer residents to appropriate campus resources.
· Are accessible during check-in and check-out periods, as well as other time periods deemed necessary.
· Know and communicate campus and community resources.
· Assist residents with general questions and concerns.
· Communicate with student leaders.
· Encourage participation in activities.
· Serve as a resource person.
· Encourage leadership development through programming/ community builder opportunities.
· Mediate roommate and personal conflicts.
· Make residents aware of University of Great Falls Community Living policies and regulations.
· Enforce and support regulations and report incidents to the Assistant Director or Director, or other appropriate University officials.
· Maintain an environment conducive to sleep and academic pursuits.
· Create an atmosphere where the rights of all residents are respected and valued.