Master of Science in Organizational Leadership,
Healthcare Administration Concentration
The University of Great Fall’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Healthcare Administration is currently only available to Providence St. Joseph Health and Partners caregivers and to the community of Great Falls, MT.
A graduate of the UGF program will be a transformational leader in healthcare. Transformational leaders are critical thinkers who are able to operationalize innovative change projects, lead and inspire others, and are guided by legal and ethical principles. The leader is able to strategically leverage systems and informatics to optimize quality organizational outcomes, improve operations, and create healthy person-centered environments.
The Application Period for August 2017 Start Date:
March 1 - June 30, 2017
Applications for this program are not accepted outside of application periods.
Program FAQ Document
Program Learning Outcomes
January 2017 Academic Calendar
August 2017 Course Calendar
January 2017 Payment Calendar
Financial Aid FAQ Document
- Completed BA or BS degree
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater for a BA/BS degree
- Any applicant who does not have a GPA on their transcript must complete the GRE
- College transcripts that verify your completed degree program
- All foreign transcripts must be submitted with an official transcript interpretation http://naces.org/
Applying to the Program
- Program Application: Applicants must complete a online graduate application.
- Program Fee: Applicants are required to pay a $50 application fee. Applicants pay this fee from the UGF website at www.ugf.edu.
Click Make a Payment on the right hand side.
- Enter your name.
- Select Application Fee from the Payment Allocation drop down box.
- Enter $50.00 as the Payment Amount.
- Select your Payment Option.
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment.
Applications will not be reviewed until this fee is paid.
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts to UGF verifying a completed bachelor’s degree. UGF requires transcripts from all institutions attended while working toward the completed bachelor's degree. Electronic transcripts are preferred.
- Personal Essay: Applicants will be required to answer an essay question in one page on the application.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Applicants are required to email their CV or resume to: email@example.com
- Part-time Student
- Complete one course every eight weeks
- Short breaks given between courses
- One initial face-to-face orientation is required for all students
- Program begins in January and August each year
- Students must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- The finance couse uses Microsoft Excel for a large portion of the assignments. If a student is not proficient in Excel, it is highly recommend that the student participates in an Excel training (available online).
All students will be required to attend a face-to-face program orientation at the beginning of the program.
August 2017 Program Orientation:
- The face-to-face orientation is scheduled August 17 - 18, 2017
- Location: The Grotto, 8840 NE Skidmore Street, Portland, OR 97220
- Start date & time: Thursday, August 17th at 9:00am
- End date & time: Friday, August 18th at 12:00pm
- Students are responsible for the following expenses:
- Transportation to/from Orientation
- Dinner each night (breakfast & lunch will be provided by the program)
Providence caregivers and our partners are eligible for a 50% tuition discount via the University of Great Falls. The graduate tuition rate is $815/course credit ($2,445/course). The 50% tuition discount equates to $407.50/course credit or $1,222.50 per course. Financial aid will be available to qualified applicants. Non-Providence students will pay the graduate tuition rate of $815/credit.
*This information is based on graduate tuition rate for the 2017-2018 school year. Tuition rates are subject to change.
Providence St. Joseph Health and Partners Caregiver Discount
Organizational Leadership, Healthcare Administration is only available to Providence St. Joseph Health and Partner caregivers.
- All full-time employees of Providence St. Joseph Health and Partner caregivers, their spouses or significant other, and dependents are eligible for a 50% reduction of tuition charges for classes at the University of Great Falls. Dependents are defined following IRS regulations.
- For on-campus, undergraduate students the scholarship may be stacked with other institutional aid up to the annual scholarship cap.
- Employees must complete the Providence St. Joseph Health Tuition Discount Application each term.
- Both undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible for scholarship, including part-time students.
- Campus students and distance students are eligible.
- This excludes students in RN to BSN program and the AHI Certificate Program as these programs fall under a different discount program.
Senior Project Manager: Health Programs